Saturday 28 April 2012

Ten things I love about my hubby!

You may think the title of my blog is a bit odd given that I do like to have a moan about my hubby at times via my blog! There is no getting away from the fact the fact that it has been a tough year for me and my family, This has led to much frustration and resentment for both me and the hubby which ids not normally there. Despite this we still have a loving and supportive relationship for which I am very thankful. It can be easy to take your partner for granted and I certainly am guilty of this! I am also guilty of not showing my appreciation of his finer points (after all, these are why I fell in love with him!). To help redress the balance I am posting what I love about him, to help make up for taking him for granted so often! Apologies if this is too soppy but whats a bit of soppyness amongst friends! 1, To the way he makes me laugh! I don't think anyone makes me laugh as much as he does. I love his cheeky sense of humour and although it is juvenile at times, this is just what makes me guffaw! I am a big kid at heart so I think in this department we are a perfect match. He regularly engages in banter with his friends via email, and text. I just can't help myself from having the occasional read as chances are I will be wetting my knickers laughing at some of the comic quips he comes up with. His sense of humour was one of the main reasons I was attracted to him when I first met him at work! Life without laughter would be very dull indeed. 2, He is a fantastic daddy Obviously I couldn't judge this when we first met as we didn't get round to making babies until some years later! I was a bit worried when our daughter came along that he wouldn't want to get fully involved in the day to day care of her, but I needn't have been concerned as he got stuck in. I don't think I could manage without him, as he is always there to help out with the kids. He changes nappies, gets up for night feeds, feeds the children, takes them out to give me a break and this is just for starters. We have friends who have children, where the daddy is hardly involved in these sort of tasks so I thank my lucky stars everyday! 3, He is devilishly handsome I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I really do feel so lucky to have such a handsome hubby. I have never felt that confident about my appearance and certainly don't think I'm an oil painting, so it has given me a lot more confidence to have a fit hubby! Even now, he still makes me go weak at the knees, and I love the fact that his hair is starting to go Grey as he definately has a George Clooney thing going on! 4, He is very clever I don't think I have met anyone who can debate aswell as my hubby. He is so sharp that I haven't got a chance of winning a serious debate with him. Although this can be frustrating for me at times (because I like to think I'm always right!) it also makes me love him when I see him in action with others. I also love the fact that he can talk to a room full of people and gain their attention with seemingly little effort on his part. He presents and trains to rooms full of people on a regular basis, which I am totally in awe of. 5, He is great at DIY! The hubby managed to keep this skill up his sleeve until relatively recently. I always believed that he was relatively inexperienced with DIY so imagine my delight when I discovered he was brilliant at it. Recently he has put a conservatory up from scratch, revamped our kitchen and re-tiled the bathroom. This is the stuff that dreams are made of! 6, He is very loving If I am ever upset or feeling down, he will do his very best to cheer me up. He is always there for a hug or a cwtch as we say in Wales. We have been through some hard times but he is always there for me, and is my emotional crutch. 7, We have so much in common. The hubby absolutely loves films, and likes nothing more than relaxing in front of a film with a glass of wine. Fortunately so do I. We love the same films, the same music and have the same interests. We really enjoy camping ,music festivals and we also share the same friends. I really am so lucky to have someone who I have so much in common with. 8, He can be very romantic Not long after we met, he took me out for a surprise Valentines meal. After the meal he asked me to drive to the coast, and I was so surprised to find that he had borrowed a camper van for the night. The van was filled with roses, chocolates and gifts. We spent the most wonderful evening sleeping next to the ocean, I will never forget that night! 9, He is very artistic I have absolutely no artistic talent- not a smidgen but luckily the hubby does. He can play the guitar, is a great singer and he makes the most wonderful items out of wood. I am just totally in awe of this and our children will hopefully reap the benefits of this! 10, My family love him My family mean a lot to me- they are my world! Even though I don't see them as much as I should, they mean everything to me. It is so important that my family love the man I love, and luckily they do! When I was younger my dad was quick to spot the dodgy boyfriends and would tell me so. Even though I disagreed with him at the time, he was always right! There has been no such complaints from my dad about Matt, and he really enjoys his company so he must be a good un! My grandparents also think the world of him and treat him as though he is there own grandson. The fact that my family love him means I love him even more. Anyway that's enough of the soppyness for today. Everytime I get a bit annoyed with him, I just need to re-visit this post and I will soon be thanking my lucky stars again for such a lovely bloke!

1 comment:

  1. apologies that it is showing as all one paragraph. Not sure why it isn't showing the spaces I put in!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts, but spam is not welcome!