Thursday 23 February 2012

Breast Feeding MEME

I came this Breastfeeding MEME which I thought I would post onto the blog.

1. Why did you choose boob over bottle?

I was absolutely adamant that I would try my best not to give my son a bottle as there is no doubt that 'Breast is Best' With my first child Breastfeeding did not work out as she failed to latch on so I was determined to make a go of it this time. Breastfeeding is a wonderful feeling and its also free aswell as being less hassle in the long run.

2. How long did you breastfeed or are you planning to breastfeed?

I have been breastfeeding for the last four months. I return to work in 2 months time so I may need to stop then but it would be nice to continue with the odd feed if I can.

3. What is the best thing about breastfeeding?

I have an incredible bond with my son which unfortunately I didn't experience with my dauughter who was bottle fed. I also love that I don't have to worry about preparing bottles, sterilising and forking out for expensive formula.

4. Did you have to overcome challenges on your breastfeeding journey?

The first few weeks were very challenging as he was feeding every hour so I was absolutely exhausted. I also had problems getting him to latch on correctly but we seem to have nailed it now! You really have to perservere and there were many times I felt like giving up. I am so proud of what I have managed to achieve.

5. Who supported you the most with breastfeeding?

My health visitor was fantastic and gave me loads of support and advice. I also joined a Breastfeeding support group which I also found very supportive. My husband wasn't as supportive as he could have been as he felt that he wasn't getting the same bond with his son that he did when he was feeding his daughter. He also got fed up with me moaning about being tired so frequently told me to give it up. Men eh!
6. How did you feel when you first breastfed in public?

I felt nervous at first but just got on with it. Unfortunately the hubby told me that I was 'exposing' myself too much when doing (I haven't mastered the art of being discreet!) so this made me quite self conscious. I can't say that I really enjoy doing it in public and prefer it in the comfort of my own home.

7. Have you been questioned for breastfeeding?

Yes, It has suprised me how many people are anti breastfeeding. I remember my mother in law taking great pleasure in telling me that breastfed babies are generally more unsettled according to a recent study. My gran also encouraged me to give up.

8. Has breastfeeding made you feel different about your body?

Not at all. I'm not happy with my body but Breastfeeding has made no difference to this!

9. What do you wish you had known before making the decision to breastfeed your baby?

I think training on how to breastfeed is essential in making those first few weeks goes as smoothly as possible. I was naive in thinking it would be straightforward, but there is definately an art to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts, but spam is not welcome!